Sunday, October 01, 2017

Today Goals | Stuck?!Sketches October 1st Challenge




Hi My Scrapping Friends!

I'm so excited to be selected to joining the Stuck?!Sketches design team for the next six months! I love creating with Laura's sketches and hopefully inspire you to participate in our challenges each month!

Here's the October 1st sketch design by the talented Laura Whitaker.  


Here's my take on the sketch!


My son started sixth grade this year and I decided to document this photo of his leaving for his first day in middle school!
I used the gorgeous Boys Fort collection from PinkFresh for this layout and went with one 4x6 photo instead of 4 smaller ones.


To the bottom left of the layout I created a small cluster which included a tag made from some pattern paper, a die-cut piece with the cute saying (I may be wrong but I doubt it) from the ephemera pack, a few stickers, and a button I had in my stash!

  
    On the bottom right hand corner of the photo I added a Charms Creation heart embellishment, along with a painted wood sticker from the Boys Fort collection and to finish off this cluster I added the cute dude flair from A Flair For Buttons!


To add a bit more interest to my photo, I decided to place three of the numbers from the ephemera pack down the right side of the picture and next added the handwritten today die-cut direct on the photo!


  I combined a flair from A Flair For Buttons with the word GOALS from the ephemera pack to create my title, I then adhered both to the tag using form dots I love the shadowing and extra height this creates.

To finish my layout off I added a few enamel dots around the page, some stamping to the top left corner of my photo and to the tag at the bottom of the page. Next, I added my journaling and some brown paint splatters.
 
Thanks for stopping by :) xx


We'd love for you to play along with us at Stuck?!Sketches all you have to do is create a layout based on this sketch and link up your layout on the Stuck?!Sketches blog by October 31th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our sponsors!




No comments:

Post a Comment