Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Creative Scrapbook | Happy Adventure | August Tutorial




Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans! Today it's my turn to show you what I create using the Heidi Swapp stencil included in this month's main kit. 

Stencils give you the ability to work with many mediums and also it's a great way to customize your work, making it your own.


I started by placing the stencil on a diagonal and attach it onto a 12x12 white cardstock using washi tape.  

Next, I selected two Hero Arts Shadow inks keeping fairly close to the colors in the patterned paper and apply using a sponge dauber.      


I flip the stencil over and added my second color which created a beautiful basket weaving design. At this point you can choose to add another stencil such as a flourish, stars or maybe another background design, the possibilities are endless! 

         
I then cut the stencil design into a 9 1/2 x 7 ins. rectangle.    


Next, I used the reverse side of the awesome A View Of The World patterned paper as the background for my layout and added a strip of the Let's Pack And Go paper down the left side of the layout, with my stencil design on top.  I also added machine stitching to create a circle and did  some faux stitching around the perimeter of both the strip and stencil paper.


Next, I started by placing one of Becky Higgins die-cut frame behind the photo and used another to frame my picture. I created a cluster on the bottom right hand corner of the photo using a few stickers and chipboards from the kit. 
  


I combined one of the clipboard word from Creative Embellishments with the happy stickers from the Photoplay paper-Boarding Pass collection to create my title and tucked another sticker underneath the pattern paper next to the title. 

At the bottom of my layout I added one of the border strip sticker and back it with a thin strip of pattern paper.


Next, I layered a couple of Becky Higgins die-cut frames with a few stickers to the top left hand corner of my photo and love the added dimension this creates.

I finished the layout off with some ink splatter, enamel dots and my journaling.

Thanks for stopping by :) xx Yvette

I hope I inspired you today to create something beautiful using your stencils!

 If you not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!





No comments:

Post a Comment