Monday, December 12, 2016

Layering With Digital Cut Files | My Creative Scrapbook December Main Kit...





Hi Scrapping Friends!


Today I'm going to show you how I use digital cut files to add layers to my page!

Just For You Santa....



I start my layout off by selecting the Christmas Tree Background....from our exclusive cut files made for our kit members! 
A background cut file can be a great starting point to creating a page with layers.


I cut the Christmas tree background from white cardstock....I love using white as a beginning point.
Then I back the open trees with one 12x12 patterned paper.

  
The next cut file I decided to use was the holly wreath from the holiday icons...    
   

Once I decided on the size of the wreath, I then used the offset tool in Silhouette Studio to create an outline of the wreath...I used two different patterned paper for this.



I added some foam dots underneath to give it some extra dimension.
Here's a close-up...


Once I was finish assembling the wreath, I used a white pen to outline the inside of the holly leaves  and also outlined around the trees in background cut file.
At this point I stop with the cut files...but if you like you can also add a title or another few more icons (design) to add as embellishments!

Here's a few close-ups...




From here I started putting my layout together, I hope I inspired you to use your cut files on your pages!

Thanks for stopping by :)
------------------------------------

To see more beautiful creations made with the contents of this kit, please visit our inspiring Design Team Gallery

For more information about our kits, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment